Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Schwarzenegger's daughter writes self-help book



Katherine Schwarzenegger, the 20-year-old daughter of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, has published a book in which she encourages young women to have confidence in themselves.

Miss Schwarzenegger reveals that as a teenager she felt "fat and ugly" and had to be reassured by her parents that she was not.

In her book, Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty From Someone Who's Been There and Back, she criticises the pressure society puts on young women to look "perfect."

She also says altered images of women in magazines are "not reality" and that she wants to inform young girls in America that they shouldn't try to look like that. 

Miss Schwarzenegger said she had been "freaked out" by her own appearance in high school and tried various fad diets, adding: "I want to let girls know they are not alone with the changes and doubts about their body."

In the book she also describes life in the Schwarzenegger family, including how her father and mother, journalist Maria Shriver, kept their children out of the public eye and allowed them to be "normal kids."

She said: "I had the best relationship with my Mom. I still do. I talk to her four times a day. I also have an amazing relationship with my Dad. I talk to him about boys, about going out, about what I'm interested in, about business."

In the book Miss Schwarzenegger describes how her father would remove unhealthy food from the kitchen when he was getting ready for a film role.

"I look back on my Dad cleaning out the fridge, taking out the ice cream, and I think that's hysterical," she told the New York Post.

She said her only act of rebellion as a child had been dying her hair black and getting her ears pierced, but it failed to make her parents angry.

Miss Schwarzenegger, currently a student in California, said her action star father still exercises twice every day and once told her: "You can't get anything done in a day if you get up past 5.30am."

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8003361/Schwarzeneggers-daughter-writes-self-help-book.html

No comments:

Post a Comment